MINIMUM EDUCATION: Completion of JRCERT approved formal program in Radiologic Technology.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: Prior general radiology experience.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Two years CT hospitals experience.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE: Currently Certified and Registered in Radiography ARRT, CRT and CPR.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS/REGISTRATION: Computed Tomography R.T. (R) (CT) (ARRT).
SPECIAL SKILLS: Good verbal and written communication skills necessary to understand oral and written instructions stated in radiological and
medical terms and to exchange information with patients and staff.
SUPERVISES: Functional supervision will be exercised over cross-training Radiology Technologists and/or students.
- Assists in evaluation of new procedures and equipment. 15%
- Performs proper billing/charging with hospital computer systems. 10%
- Uses CT equipment. Proficiency with general operating procedure i.e. start up procedures, calibration of equipment, troubleshooting, QC, preventative maintenance, malfunctioning equipment and problem solving.
- Maintains inter and intra departmental communication via phone, fax, computer etc. Maintains appropriate communication with radiologists. In depth knowledge of human anatomy, proper patient positioning and good
- Adequate assessment and explanation of procedure to patient before testing occurs. CT protocols, biopsy and all other invasive procedure. Adequate history, consent form and lab values checked and documented before administering IV contrast.
- Proper protocol for filing and copying of films.
- Assesses and prioritizes a rapidly changing workload. Completes work in a timely manner. Maintains a clean and orderly work environment. Shares responsibility for organizing supplies, tracking, stocking and storing equipment and keeping the department clean.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment to protect from exposure to chemical, radiation and infectious hazards.
- Actively participates in department management by providing input at meetings and reading communication.
- Identifies, proposes solutions and assists in implementation of ideas for improvement in patient care and departmental / hospital operations.
- Functions as a patient advocate. Participates in the successful implementation of change.
- Decrease waste in supplies and equipment.
- Position is required to work on-call (stand-by) shifts and return to work as outlined in the department policy.
APPLY NOW/CLICK HERE