DIRECT ACCESS TO INTERVIEW and for further information please email your resume to email@example.com
Please note this opportunity is a permanent opportunity.
No need to apply elsewhere, interview will be scheduled within 24 hours for qualified candidates. *A complete list of demands for this position is available in Human Resources.
If you do not have access to your resume via your phone there is EASY ACCESS FROM YOUR DESKTOP OR LAPTOP APPLY ON LINE AT : WWW.HCNhealthcare.com
JOB CODE: dobjit215
This position assists the supervisor in organizing and directing the activities of the infection control program for all departments throughout the facility including surveillance, infection prevention and control measures, and education for employees. This position provides clinical data for monitoring and improving clinical performance; includes peer review, and physician profiles and to meet accrediting and regulatory standards. This position also supports specific hospital wide quality and patient safety programs.
1. Conducts focused surveillance for healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), detects and records HAIs on a systematic and current basis, analyzes HAIs and prepares reports for the Infection Control Committee of the facility. Reports communicable diseases as required by regulation. Makes recommendations when problems are identified. Interprets department policies and procedures in conjunction with the supervisor.
2. Interacts with physicians, nurses, department managers, supervisors, and other professional and non-professional staff members as a consultant. Enters data into computer, prepares reports, conducts analytical studies and summarizes surveillance data. Initiates epidemiological investigations of significant clusters of infections and single cases of unusual infection.
3. Assists with continuing infection control education and in service programs to departments, including orientation for new employees. Reviews and assists with evaluation of hospital policies, procedures and guidelines as they relate to infection control. Assists in writing and revising infection control policies and procedures.
4. Makes recommendations regarding construction, renovation, environmental rounds, and assures compliance with national and/or professional standards.
5. Abstracts clinical data and develops data collection tools for population specific or focused review while maintaining clinical knowledge in practice guidelines and standards. Maintains data integrity through knowledge of department, facility wide and regulatory indicators, system initiatives, benchmarking standards, review of data for problem identification and significance and follow up as appropriate.
Requires a current Registered Nurse (R.N.) license with BSN preferred.
Must have a minimum of 3 years clinical experience in a hospital setting or disease surveillance experience in a public health setting.
Must have good communication skills. Must have strong organization skills and be able to work independently.
Association for Practitioners in Infection Control (APIC) training course or equivalent desired. Certification in Infection Control (CIC) is preferred. Computer skills, research and basic statistical knowledge is preferred.
Qualified candidates will be called and given confidential information and location
To learn more and to be considered for an interview please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
BROUGHT TO YOU BY YOUR FRIENDS AT THE HOSPITAL CONNECTION NETWORK
YOUR SOURCE FOR PERMANENT FULL TIME HEALTHCARE OPPORTUNITIES…NATIONWApply Now